Cirris encourages customers to trade-in old test equipment for newer models with greater functionality. The test equipment being traded-in must have been purchased direct from Cirris or through an authorised reseller or distributor. (This trade-in policy excludes testers that have been purchased on the used market or from companies that have claimed bankruptcy or had a business re-organisation that resulted in non-payment on the original test equipment.) Expansion boxes that attach to the base tester are included in the aggregate trade-in as long as the same number of test points will be purchased in the new equipment.
- The Trade-in policy allows for a “one for one” trade-in, meaning the trade-in of one old tester towards one new tester (Multiple older testers cannot be accumulated towards the purchase of a single new tester).
- Test equipment being traded-in must be in good/reasonable operating condition.
- Determine the original purchase price. (What was the original invoice amount of the tester being traded-in?)
- Even though an RMA number is given for the trade-in, the actual credit is “activated” when the tester (to be traded-in) is received at Cirris in reasonable condition.
- The customer is responsible for all freight costs (Both the return of the trade-in and shipment of the new tester).
- An invoice for the full amount of the new purchase is created and the trade-in “Credit” amount can then be deducted from the invoice.
- If multiple testers are to be traded-in, Cirris does not offer a volume purchase discount AND a trade-in “Credit” on the same transaction. Either a trade-in credit OR a volume discount is offered, not both.
- A trade-in credit cannot be offered when the “Installment Purchase Option” is used to finance the new test equipment.